Community Investment and Sustainability
When communities succeed, we all succeed. That is why our team contributes to dozens of community boards, charities, and not-for-profit organizations each year.
Encouraging and Supporting Employee Volunteer Efforts
There are four ways our team supports our communities each year:
Volunteering – Our team contributes thousands of volunteer hours to community organizations each year through board leadership, fundraising, mentorship, sponsorship, knowledge sharing, and hands-on support with community groups.
Supporting Employees Who Champion Causes – KBRS often supports team members who champion causes through the commitment of company resources, time, and donations.
Community Partnership – KBRS has partnered with numerous community organizations to provide in-kind services to support their goals as named sponsors of their initiatives.
Financial Support – KBRS donates financial support to a variety of community organizations throughout the year. Over the years, we have contributed more than $140,000 to United Way alone.
As one of Canada’s largest human capital professional services firm, KBRS has significant buying power and a responsibility for leadership in the area of sustainability. We are taking steps to meet this challenge and reduce our environmental footprint in our workplaces through the following initiatives:
- reducing waste production by sending and receiving material in electronic rather than printed form,
- reducing office energy consumption through occupancy sensors and LED lighting,
- increasing the use of video conferencing to reduce our need for consultant and candidate travel,
- providing employees with remote and hybrid work options decreasing carbon emissions, and
- offering to compensate employees taking public transportation for 50% of the cost.