Jennifer (Jennie) Massey, PhD
Consultative and collaborative, Jennie’s recruitment style is informed by her own extensive experience as an academic leader and her work in post-secondary institutions in Canada, the USA, and the UK.
As a Partner with the Academic Executive Search Practice, Jennie serves as a strategic advisor and partner to post-secondary institutions. She is skilled communicator and facilitator and is well equipped to support her clients the most critical leadership decisions. She is committed to ensuring equitable and inclusive recruitment processes result in the attraction and selection of the leaders that today’s institutions need to succeed.
Her approach is informed by her deep understanding of the complexities of leading in the field of higher education. Before joining KBRS, Jennie was Associate Vice President of Western University where she led a large and diverse portfolio consisting of 10 departments. Prior to joining Western University, Jennie held several leadership roles including roles at Queen’s, Windsor, University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign), Baylor University (Waco, Texas) and most recently Memorial University where she was the Director of Student Life.
Education and Certifications:
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Geography, Queen’s University
- Master of Arts, Geography, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Geography, King’s College, London
- Executive Certificate in Diversity and Inclusion, Cornell University
- Professional Certificates in Business Management & Leadership, Western University
Passions, Community Involvement and Personal Interests:
- Vice Chair, Board of Directors, St. John’s International Women’s Film Festival
- Board of Directors, Shallaway Youth Choir
- Board of Directors, Ontario Committee on Student Affairs
Recruitment Sector Specialty: