Katherine Risley, FEC (Hon.)
Professional, strategic, with a strong understanding of progressive recruitment and retention practices, Katherine brings nearly two decades of experience as a trusted talent advisor to every engagement with a client or candidate.
As a Managing Partner with KBRS and a certified coach, Katherine has a passion for making a positive impact and helping people and organizations achieve their goals. She is committed to continuous improvement in the best interests of our clients, our candidates and our team.
Over the years, Katherine has played an active role in supporting the growth of Meridia Recruitment Solutions, a KBRS company, which has become the fastest growing service line in the organization. She continues to lead Meridia’s Engineering, Operations, Construction and Supply Chain recruitment vertical in addition to supporting the management of KBRS. Katherine is also the lead point of contact for our HR Consulting, Leadership Solutions and Career Transition practices.
Katherine began her career in HR working with an Atlantic Canadian manufacturing organization before joining a multinational recruitment firm’s Toronto office. She returned to Halifax nearly a decade ago to join Meridia. She leverages proven strategies for identifying strong technical candidates for clients with urban and rural operations throughout Atlantic Canada, as well as large scale global recruitment needs. Her expertise, knowledge and established networks ensure she delivers highly skilled, qualified candidates to client organizations, always ensuring an ideal match is made.
Education, Certifications and Awards:
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Human Resources, Acadia University
- Certified Coach, Coach U
- FEC (Hon.) Fellow of Engineers Canada, Engineers of Nova Scotia
Passions, Community Involvement and Personal Interests:
- Co-Founder and Committee Member, Women in Engineering, Engineers Nova Scotia
- Board of Directors, Phoenix Youth Programs
- Board of Directors, Halifax Chamber of Commerce
- Past President and current member, Canadian Progress Club Halifax Citadel Charitable Foundation
- Mother of two daughters, she has a passion for increasing opportunities for women in engineering and technical roles