Boards are as diverse as the organizations they serve. However, there are a number of common challenges boards face including an evolving regulatory environment, increasing role complexity and rising demands for transparency and social responsibility. As the expectations of boards increase, so...
Leverage our strategic and proven approach to identify your successors.
Who will lead your organization next? The ramifications of this question are too great to be left to chance. Yet, all too often, organizations face a change in leadership without a clear plan to support succession.
Customized solutions based on a proven approach
Our approach to succession draws on our overall approach for building leadership capacity – a model we refer to as the Leadership Pathway. Developed through experience and research, and validated over the past decade through application with a wide variety of organizations, this seven step approach enables organizations to proactive identify and develop the leaders required now and for the future.
The Leadership Pathway.
Mapping the path to your leadership solution.
Effectively defining the requirements of future leaders requires a clear sense of an organization’s strategic direction – a challenging endeavor in multi-stakeholder environments. Even when the requirements seem clear, many organizations struggle to successfully assess talent against the competencies and capabilities needed to achieve the desired business goals.
At Knightsbridge Robertson Surrette, we partner with organizations and apply the leadership pathway to address these common challenges.
- Clarifying your strategic direction in the context of the external business environment.
- Identifying the leadership requirements to execute your strategy.
- Creating a formal process for assessing your leadership pipeline and determining gaps.
- Creating targeted plans to support the development of high potential leaders.
- Developing the processes and practices needed to sustain a culture that supports the desired leadership behaviours.
- Identifying an approach for ongoing evaluation and recalibration.
The result is an organization with a dynamic plan to ensure ongoing readiness for succession and greater engagement among high-potential leaders as they pursue a common strategic direction.