Joanne Brown, CPHR, CLC
Joanne takes a holistic approach to strategic HR planning that encompasses workplace culture and employee engagement, operational HR, compensation and benefits, and talent development.
She works with clients to design, develop and implement human resource systems to achieve their organizational goals. Joanne’s perspective is informed by more than two decades of HR leadership experience with prominent organizations in Nova Scotia. She has a proven track record of developing and leading high performing teams. Joanne also has a keen understanding of the factors that impact employee performance and what it takes to not only attract top talent but to retain and fully engage them.
In addition to extensive experience working for complex multi-national organizations, Joanne is skilled in navigating unionized work environments. Her advice is sought on matters of employee and labor relations, as well as collective bargaining, due diligence and integration activities for acquisitions, policy design and development.
Throughout her career she has been responsible for leading human resource teams in satisfying all aspects of an organization’s HR requirements. Joanne has led the implementation of major HR programs, including talent assessment and development, succession planning, HRIS implementation, performance management transformation, labour negotiations, and compensation program development including executive compensation.
Education and Certifications:
- Certified in Myers Briggs and Fibro B Assessment Tools
- Certified Leadership Coach, The Coach Training Academy
- Driving Performance through Talent Management Program, Harvard Executive Education
- Certificate in Organizational Development, Queen’s University
- Bachelor of Commerce, Human Resources, Saint Mary’s University
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, Dalhousie University
Passions, Community Involvement and Personal Interests:
- Served on the Board of Junior Achievement of Nova Scotia
- Served on the Board of Lunenburg United Way