People leave their jobs for many reasons and, regardless of why, they all share a few things in common. Individuals in career transition face uncertainty and challenging circumstances that impact their personal, financial and professional life. These challenges hold true whether you are a CEO...
We provide support throughout your outplacement and career transition journey.
People leave their jobs for many reasons and, regardless of why, they all share a few things in common. Individuals in career transition face uncertainty and challenging circumstances that impact their personal, financial and professional life. These challenges hold true whether you are a CEO and or an administrative staff person.
Here are a few of the questions we often hear from clients in transition.
What is career transition or "outplacement"?
Career transition, also referred to as outplacement, is a service provided to a departing employee (usually at the employers cost) to assist with an effective and smooth transition to another career opportunity. While the specifics of career transition programs will vary, they typically include:
- Career counselling
- Resume development and cover letter assistance
- Interview training
- Career search strategies
- Online networking training
- Administrative support
Why would a former employer pay for this service?
Most employers care what happens to good employees they can no longer retain. They want exiting employees to do well in the future and to compete successfully in today's market. They know our assistance helps.
Why do I need a career transition firm to help with my career search?
Outplacement and career transition services support your search for the right career opportunity. A strong career plan requires self-assessment to help identify your own long-term goals. A career transition firm should provide the following support.
- Help identify individual strengths and potential – Clients are offered new perspective and insights into their abilities through tools like Birkman, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), and many others, interpreted by a certified consultant.
- Provide insight into current market trends – Consultants offer insight into market realities as well as the strategies and tactics needed to successfully make your next career move. Do you know how to optimize your resume for key words and digital scanability? They can show you how.
- Provide coaching and support – An empathic ear, wise advice and coaching, combined with administrative support and skill building workshops, provide clients the support they need.
- Help you put your best foot forward – Career transition services can objectively assess your performance and provide the feedback required to fine tune your presentation on paper and in person.
Why would I choose KBRS?
We prepare and match people with best-fit opportunities using best-in-class consulting, assessment and technology. Here are a few reasons to take advantage of our services:
- Unlimited time commitment – Unlike typical career transition services, we will stay with you and support you until you successfully transition into a new role.
- Priority consideration for job opportunities – Our recruitment practice is the largest in Atlantic Canada, placing hundreds of professionals each year, and we ensure that career transition clients are considered for relevant opportunities.
- Confidential counseling – Our conversations with you are strictly confidential. Your trust is of the utmost importance to us.
- Tailored programs – We don’t fit our clients into a standard “off the shelf” programs. Instead, we identify your needs and design a program to fit your goals.
- Experienced consultants – We have helped thousands of people identify options for the future and successfully make their way through the transition process.
- Up-to-date search strategy and tools – Not only does this help you target your job search, it will help you prepare for, and be confident in, the new interview styles that are making their way into the job market.
- Direction on navigating the hidden job market – 80% of all jobs are never posted or advertised. We’ll help you understand how to effectively tap into these opportunities.
- Unrivaled networking opportunities created through our network of thousands of current and former clients, colleagues and friends.
- Best-in-class career and leadership coaching, as part of one of Lee Hecht Harrison, ranked #6 in the HR.com Leadership Excellence Award's Large Leadership Partner & Provider category.
- Solutions tailored to a variety of needs – Our programs can be adapted to the meet the needs of: executives, professionals, those considering retirement or entrepreneurship, and those whom prefer tele-consulting and self-directed support.
- Worldwide service as part of Lee Hecht Harrison Knightsbridge, the global leader in talent mobility, with over 300 offices in 60 countries.
Maybe you saw it coming, or perhaps it came as a complete surprise – either way, losing your job is tough. For many, it can be a pivotal moment in the trajectory of their life. Will you choose to change your career path or seek a similar role to the one you are leaving? How will you avoid...