Lesley D'Souza, MA
Lesley is a skilled researcher and communicator with a proven record of designing effective storytelling materials. She approaches each search with empathy and curiosity, looking for insights that shed light on what is needed.
Before joining KBRS, Lesley worked in higher education, both in Canada and the United States, for over 17 years. As an established Student Affairs leader, she focused on strategic planning, assessment & research, digital community building, communications & marketing, and professional development. She is an accomplished public speaker and her work on data storytelling and decolonizing research and assessment in higher education continues to inform how she approaches recruitment.
- Master of Arts in higher education and student affairs, Bowling Green State University
- Bsc, University of Guelph
Passions, Community Involvement and Personal Interests:
- Trained classical vocalist with a history of choir and classical performances, and also plays indie rock, having been lead singer and guitarist in Young Doctors in Love until 2015
- Passionate about youth empowerment, sustainability, and food security
- Volunteered with the Oshawa Garden Club, supporting gardening education, events, and local plant sales
- Enjoys writing, photography, painting, and being in nature with her two boys