Andrea Forbes-Hurley, MBA, CPHR
Instrumental in the completion of hundreds of executive search assignments, Andrea’s commitment to providing strong strategic counsel and building lasting partnerships is evident.
Having worked with a variety of governing bodies, Andrea brings a well-developed understanding of how to support and facilitate a seamless, collaborative decision-making process in a publicly accountable context. With experience across both the public and the private sectors, her specific focus is on the recruitment of leaders for post-secondary, government, health care and not-for-profit organizations.
In addition to leading and facilitating executive searches, as a Managing Partner with KBRS, Andrea provides strategic oversight to the firm’s executive and academic search practices and contributes to the day-to-day management of KBRS.
Education and Certifications:
- Master of Business Administration, Saint Mary's University
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology (Hons.), St. Francis Xavier University
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR)
- Diversity and Inclusion Certificate program, Cornell University
Passions, Community Involvement and Personal Interests:
- Member, Maritime Chapter Advisory Executive, Institute of Corporate Directors of Canada
- Vice Chair, Board of Directors, 211 Nova Scotia
- Director, Board of Directors, Halifax Partnership
- Professional Mentor, Immigrant Services Association of Nova Scotia
- Previously, Director & Board Secretary, Board of Directors, Nova Scotia College of Early Childhood Education
- Proud mom of two exuberant and highly active small children who keep she and her husband busy and regularly entertained
Executive Search Sector Specialty:
- Provincial and Municipal Government
- Health Care
- Board Directors