Senior Manager, Operations
Based in Jacksonville in Western New Brunswick, McConnell Transport Ltd. is a family owned and operated business and has been transporting fresh, frozen, and dry goods across North America for over 40 years. As experts in temperature-controlled transportation, McConnell Transport truly takes customer service to another level as their forward-thinking mentality puts them in the shoes of the consumer. Through community care and consumers-centric approach, McConnell Transport is able to set themselves apart from other carriers.
Reporting to the Vice President of McConnell Transport, the Senior Manager of Operations will provide overall leadership and management of the organization’s existing transportation and logistics operations and play a key role in continuing to provide reliable and efficient delivery of goods across North America.
You will be accountable for;
- All functions peripheral to operations including dispatch operations, fleet maintenance, health and safety, workforce planning, logistics, operational efficiency, business development and budget management.
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, innovation, capacity utilization and cost containment.
- Playing a lead role in ensuring McConnell Transport is regarded as an industry-leading transportation service for its customers and achieve the organization’s operational and financial goals.
As the ideal candidate you;
- Have at least 10 years of experience in senior management role, ideally within a transportation or related logistics environment.
- Are highly proficient in a variety of functional areas including dispatch operations, fleet maintenance, health and safety, workforce planning, logistics, operational efficiency and budget management.
- Are a hands-on leader and naturally build and develop the confidence and trust of employees and colleagues with integrity, transparency, open-mindedness and an “on the floor” approach.
Preference is for this role to be based in Western, New Brunswick.
If you are interested in pursuing this exciting opportunity, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. For more information please contact Kevin Stoddart at email@example.com or Camilla Quaglia at firstname.lastname@example.org
The principles of equal opportunity employment will be upheld throughout this process. KBRS will also provide support in the recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. If you require accommodation in order to participate as a candidate in the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com or communicate your needs to the recruitment professionals named within this advertisement.