Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer
KBRS has partnered with North Atlantic in seeking a Chief Financial Officer to lead their organization.
North Atlantic is the province-wide leader in retail gas and convenience, residential, commercial, and wholesale fuels. For over 30 years, the company has built its reputation on quality products, extraordinary service, and community engagement. As North Atlantic advances its energy business for the future, they are focused on developing efficient and green energy solutions aligned to the needs of the world in which we all live. Committed to sustainable and responsible business practices, they are driving industry forward, supporting new skills and new jobs for this ever-evolving landscape. Aligned to the company’s strategy for growth and off-island expansion with their retail division, North Atlantic is actively seeking talented individuals to join their dynamic team.
Reporting to the President, the CFO will lead the company from a financial perspective and work closely with leadership to develop and critique strategic decisions. The CFO must have knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards to drive the company’s financial planning and effectively manage risk. As a member of the Senior Management Team, they will participate in the development of priorities and goals and objectives. They will develop an in-depth understanding of our client’s corporate strategy and will implement business development initiatives both for existing services as well as targeting new opportunities.
Key expectations and areas of responsibility are:
Strategic Vision – Providing knowledge, expertise, advice, and vision to support the development of corporate strategy and realization of the company’s potential.
Financial and Information Technology Leadership – The candidate will be solutions-oriented while responsible for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial and technology-related activities.
Business Operations – Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team (with the assistance of the Controller) and the IT department. They are charged with ensuring accuracy and managing financial risk by developing accounting policy, internal controls, and information systems and overseeing IT projects, policies, and procedures.
New Business Development – Advising on long-term business and financial planning and approaching growth of our business with tenacity and confidence while thinking proactively to capture opportunities with a drive for success.
Compliance Management – Assure legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations and provide oversight of importation of products, including management of international trade finance documents.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and effective leader of people, capable of managing all relative financial departments of the organization which fall under their command. The CFO will be required to have excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of financial and analytical techniques, along with the capacity to plan workflows and respect deadlines. They will be a superior problem-solver, capable of identifying effective and creative solutions to challenges in a timely way.
Your qualifications and experience:
• A professional accredited accounting designation (CPA—CA/CMA/CGA) is required,
• A degree in Business, or a related discipline,
• At least 10 years of experience in a senior accounting role,
• Experience working in a publicly traded company is preferred, but not required,
• Experience in the energy sector and/or public accounting is an asset,
• Excellent working knowledge of business software (i.e. Excel), with experience using Microsoft Dynamics an asset,
• Experience managing projects and leading teams of staff in a complex environment,
• Strong commercial acumen and understanding of negotiations and process,
• Experience managing change, especially from a business process and implementation perspective.
Your skills and attributes:
• An analytical mind, finding fulfillment in consideration and improvement of details, systems, and processes.
• An exceptional ability to build relationships, winning people over and working effectively with leadership, employees, and partners while fostering positive culture.
• Confidence and determination, exceptional team leadership skills, an entrepreneurial mindset, and willingness to work in a growth setting.
• Adaptable, with the ability to manage unforeseen challenges, seeing opportunities to innovate where others see problems.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, including exceptional presentation capability.
We will provide support in the recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that considers an applicant’s accessibility needs. If you require accommodation to participate as a candidate in the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
by January 20th, 2023.